Thursday, January 22, 2015

TBT-Birthday card

Hi Stampers!
I had to share this fun card I made!  You can call it a Throw-back Thursday card.  I always like to make a bunch of cards for my folks so they don't have spend money on pricey cards.  This horse stamp Set, which is retired, is always one of my favorites to use for my dad.  He is an ol' Rodeo man (think of John Wayne!) back when Rodeo was for fun and for breaking horses not like now, when it's so dramatized.  But, I guess everything is like that now. 

Anyways....my sister gave me some AWESOMELY cool paper for Christmas (not Stampin' Up).  It's called The Chocolate Box by Core'dinations.  One side is a shade of brown and the other is something else, like the card I made, green.
 I used the Embossing Folder Filigree Frame (from the Holiday Catalog) and then lightly sanded the embossed side to expose the pretty light green.
I then added Stampin' Up's card stock Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding on Whisper White card stock.  Stamped in Early Espresso ink.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheryl~

No comments:

Post a Comment