Friday, January 23, 2015

Life is Wonderful~

Hi my crafty friends!
Hope today has brought you many smiles! 

I wanted to share a little bit of my day (yesterday) with you. 

While I was at the store today picking up some yummy candies to put in my kids' Valentine's I was visiting with one of the gentleman who works at the store.  He mentioned to me that his back was hurting, when I asked him if he wears good shoes for standing on the hard floors all day he said that he thinks his cancer is coming back in his back.  He then told me he was 57 years old so he does not care anymore.  I laughed and thought what a funny thing to say, 57 is not that old.  I then learned he had been dealing with cancer his whole life and has many operations on his back and is tired of taking radiation and Chemo.  I told him that I will keep him in my prayers and I wish him a great rest of the day.  After school I had to go back and pick up new shoes for my daughter (they are always blowing out shoes in PE! LOL)  When he seen me he smiled and said my prayers must have worked, for shortly after I left his back stopped hurting.  How awesome is that?  God holds the power!

That inspired me to make this card:

Card Recipe:
Card Stock: Core'dinations Chocolate collections (not Stampin' Up), Costal Cabana, whisper White, and from the Adventure Bound DSP stack (wood grain).
Stamp Set: Perfect Pennants
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Candy Dots, Cuttle Bug boarder folder (not Stampin' Up), Snail Adhesive.

Cut your base paper to 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", score at 3".  Inside layer 8 1/4" x 4"
Outside base layer 8 X 3 score at 4".  Cut two Whisper white layers at 3 1/4 X 2 3/4.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheryl
www.stardust.stampinup.net
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment