Monday, March 16, 2015

Loveable, Huggable Baymax! ~Punch Art~Birthday card

Hi my crafty friends!
I hope today brings you plenty of spring like weather!  It's so close!!  :)  I love waking up in the morning and smelling the 'spring' air.  I will be glad when the ground is not real soggy though so we can play outside without having to wash coats and shoes!  LOL

On to my project for today!  As most kids these days, mine have grown to love Baymax from the Disney movie Big Hero 6.  So I thought I would find a way to create his loveable, huggable little body with 'punch art'.  It actually turned easier that I though it would be.  I think he turned out so cute!  :) 

I used the Oval Framelits size 2 for his arms (trimmed down with the Paper Snips) and size 3 for his body.  His legs are from the large oval punch, his head from the small oval punch.  His eyes are punched out in Basic Black card stock using  the 1/8" circle punch.  Then I simply drew a line between his eyes with the Basic Black Stampin' Write marker.  The cute balloon is from the Balloon Bash stamp set available in the Stampin' Up Occasions Catalog. 

I added Smokey Slate with a Sponge Dauber around all the shapes.  Next, I placed both 'leg' ovals together and trimmed the bottom of his legs to be flat.   When I was piecing it together I also realized I would have to trim one side of the ovals for the inside of his legs to fit snug together.

I layered the card on a piece of Sweet Taffy DSP and  once again on Whisper White. I simply used snail to stick him together but you could also use 2Way Glue.  If you choose to make some of your own please share with me!  I would love to see your cute loveable, huggable Baymax! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Hope you have a great day.
Cheryl~

No comments:

Post a Comment