Friday, March 13, 2015

Leprechaun treat bag!

Hi my crafty friends!  I have a fun little St. Patrick's Day project to share with you today!  It's what we made at our 'Mom and Me' Stamp Camp.

St. Patrick’s Day Hat Treat Bag “Recipe”  -
Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive, Pink Pirouette
Card Stock: Old Olive
Hat Bag Topper: 5 ½” x 4”, scored at 2” on the 4” side, scraps for punching
Basic Black   ½” x 5 ½” for hat band, scraps for punching
Complete list of Accessories:
Bird Builder Punch  (Shamrock stem)
Small Heart Punch  in the Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack, (Shamrock leaves)
Bitty Banners Framelits
Envelope Liner Framelits  (the middle size for hat bag topper)
Big Shot Die Cut Machine
Magnetic Platform
Basic Rhinestones ( I used a Blendabilities Old Olive which has recently became discontinued, Sharpies work great also!)
Two Way Glue Pen
Dimensionals
Clear Envelopes (I used these for the treat bag and folded them up from the bottom, that way the recipient can keep the cute little bag.)
Score the 5 1/2 x 4 piece of paper at 2"
To make the cute hat, I used the middle sized envelope liner Framelits.  Leave just a little space on the top so you don't cut through both pieces of paper.
So you make a little tent like this, if you do happen to cut both, no big deal, your going to 'sandwich' them together.
I just lay the Basic Black 1/2" strip on my hat then trim off the extra.
Next, I used the small heart punch to punch out three hearts and scored them in the center so it folds up a little bit.  Next, I used the branch from the Build a Bird punch and trimmed off all the bits except the top leaf.  Then I used glue dots to build my shamrock on the hat band.
In the center of my shamrock I placed a gem I colored with the darkest of the Old Olive Blendabilities. 
I used the largest banner from the Bitty Banner Framelits to cut out a banner in Whisper White.  I then stamped 'happy St. Patrick's Day in Basic Black. 
I then attached the hat to a Stampin' Up' clear Envelope.  I decided to use these because every time I give out treats in a bag I am asked how to open it up with out tearing open the topper.  LOL, this way you can just open it up on the bottom with a self sticky open and shut flap!  LOVE IT!!  I filled some of the bags with Rolo's for the kids and some with Werther's Caramels for adults. 

I hope you enjoy this cute little project!  I know we enjoyed making them! 
Thanks for stopping by!  If you have any questions please let me know.
Cheryl~

No comments:

Post a Comment