Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cadbury Egg Dotted Box Holder~

Hi my creative friends!
Here is the fun little project I have to share with you today.  It's a Cadbury Egg Holder! 
Items needed for this project:
Card Stock: Irresistibly Yours DSP (Available only in the Sale-a-Bration catalog until March 31st!)
Ink: Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Wisteria Wonder, Marina Mist
Accessories: Brayer, Paper snips, Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Bone Folder, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Simply Scored Scoring tool, Small Oval Punch
Let's build a box!
First cut your DSP to 6 1/2 x 4 1/2
Pick the color you would like your box, I chose Blushing Bride and running the Brayer over the ink pad several times then simply roll it over the paper going in both directions to get an even color. 
I decided I wanted cute little poke-a-dots to stand out on my already poke-a-dotted DSP.  So using the Sponge Daubers I used Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi ink.  You simply put the dauber on your finger dab it into the ink and give a little twist. 
Next, using your Simply Scored score board, score going the long way at 1 1/4, 2 5/8, 3 7/8, and 5 1/4 then turn and score it at 1 1/4 and 3 1/4.
Using your Bone Folder, fold all your score marks.  Then take your Paper Snips and cut up to the 1 1/4 and 3 1/4 score marks.  To make an easy open access I used the Small Oval punch and put just a small notch on ONLY one of the short ends.  Place Fast Fuse on every other square starting with the first one, then starting with the opposite end of the notch fold up your box.
 I used some Pink Pirouette  ribbon to tie around the box, but loose enough to simply side off.
Here is another box made with Blushing Bride and Wisteria wonder.  How fun was that?  LOVE IT!!

Thanks for joining me today!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment