Saturday, December 13, 2014

Embossing Powder & Brayer Technique~


Hi Stampers!  I wanted to share a fun little technique using the brayer and embossing powder.
 
1st what I did was take a piece of Whisper white card stock, I used the Embossing Buddy first, (love this little bag!) and rubbed it over the paper to make sure the embossing powder did not stick. 
2nd I stamped snowflakes using the Versa Mark stamp pad and covered it with white embossing powder and then heat set it.
 
3rd I took two colored inks, Island Indigo and Costal Cabana, I ran my brayer over one side of the ink pad for half of the roller and the other colored ink for the other side of the roller.  Then I rolled it over the paper moving it fast back and forth until the ink was blended and off the roller.  I turned the paper and did another corner the same way. 
4th I took a tissue or napkin and wiped off the extra ink on the snowflakes.  It also helps to blend the colors together a little bit more. 

I took Costal Cabana  as my card base and Whisper White Card Stock to layer my card.

I added the sentiment from the Merry Everything stamp set and punched it out using the Note Tag punch.

And that's it!  That is how fun and easy it is to add color to your paper using embossing powder and the brayer.  Here is another sample of the same inks used but with the Pacific Point card stock.


Let me know if you have any questions!
Have a great day!
Cheryl~

No comments:

Post a Comment