Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Gift Card Candy box Tutorial~by Cheryl

Hello Stamping friends!
Hope your day is going well for you.  We are finally getting some much needed rain here in NE MT! With the fires to the North of us in Canada, I know we all could use a good soaking!  I pray our summer is not all hot, and full of fires.  I hope it's balanced with rain and sun!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you how I create these fun Gift Card candy boxes!
First you will want to cut your card stock down to 9 3/4"x 7"
Score the longest side at 1/2", 1 1/2", 2 1/2", 3 1/2" 4 1/2" and 7"
Turn and score at 1" on both sides
Cut down both sides of the 1" score sides, cut off the smallest bit and the two larger bits so it looks like this.
Fold it up on the score marks then take the Window Punch (retiring!!!) and make a window on the first section after the smallest scored piece.
Cut the DSP of your choice to these sizes.
1-4 1/2" x 2 1/4"
1-1 1/4" x  3 1/2" -(white piece for stamped image)
4- 7/8" x 4 3/4"
Attach with Snail then cut out the window, (I don't like cutting through card stock and DSP but if you want to save a step go for it!
Before adhering the box together you will want to use the 1" circle punch to cut out a notch to pull out the card, on the right side of your box. I used Hersey's Kisses for the 'treat' to go along with the gift card.
Decorate your front as desired, I made this one for Teacher's appreciation week!

There you have it!  If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment