Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Grinch Punch Art by Cheryl~

Hello there!
Happy November!  Can you believe it's November already?  Christmas is right around the corner.
When I think of Christmas, I remember cozy nights with my family watching 'old' Christmas cartoons, my all time favorite was The Grinch Who Stole Christmas!
So, I wanted to make something with the Grinch, I LOVE the Grinch, LOL.  He makes me laugh everytime I watch the movie version with Jim Carey.
This is what I came up with!  Isn't he cute!?  Love it!
I created him using the...pause for dramatic effect...Jar of Haunts photopolymer set!   Wait, what?  YES, I used a Halloween stamp set to create Mr. Grinch!  Along with the Jolly Hat Builder Punch and smallest oval from the Layering Oval Framelits.  For those of you who still have the small oval punch, it's the same size!
I start by stamping the pumpkin on Old Olive Card Stock.  Then stamped the eyes, twice, once inside the pumpkin and on a piece of Whisper White and colored them in with Daffodil Delight.  Fussy cut them out and glued them to the pumpkin.   If you look at the pumpkin you can see it has a line down both sides, I trim that off, so his face was not too wide.
 Punched the hat out in Real Red and Whisper White and then cut an extra white part for the ruffle of 'Santa's outfit.  Real Red was also used for the oval.  As you can see I simple cut it in half.

As I was laughing and having fun making this crazy punch art, I had to dig though my stamps because what does he say when Max is 'dancing' to holiday music?   "Are you having a holly jolly Christmas?"
AHHH, I found one in my stash!  It's by Hero Arts.  Love it!!  :)

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment