Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spritz Technique

Hi Crafty friends!
I wanted to share with you a really pretty technique using the Stampin' Up Spritz bottles and Refill inks. 
First you want to start with at least two colors of 'Refill Ink', rubbing alcohol, and Stampin' Spritzers, one for each color.

Next fill your bottle about half full or more, depending on how many projects you plan on making, of rubbing alcohol.  Then place between 2-5 drops of refill ink in your bottle, depending on the shade you want you can use more ink.  Then replace your lid and give a gentle shake.

Next, I used the butterfly punch and scrap paper to punch out several butterflies and laid them down on my sheet of paper. 

I like to pick my lightest color and spritz it first over the paper, as you can see it started to curl, I used regular Whisper White card stock, if you use the Water Color paper it does not do that.  It still works fine though to use Whisper White.  :)

Next, spritz the 2nd color and then you can gently remove the butterflies or let it dry for a couple of minutes.  Because of the rubbing alcohol it will dry fast.

Ta-da!!  I think it looks so neat how this turns out. 

You can also use the Smooch Spritz for a pretty shimmery color.  I also add it to the yellow butterflies pictured so I can use them on a card.

Here are the two cards I made using the Spritzed paper and butterflies. 
LOVE IT!  :) 

If you have any questions please let me know!!

You can pick up all your Stampin' Up supplies here at MY STORE.


Thanks for stopping by!
Cheryl~

1 comment: